Re: tids and tats

At 01:01 PM 7/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On to trade talks.  If Otis Thorpe can regain his winning (over
>whining) attitude he would be the perfect addition to this team.  He has
>two years left on his contract at about $6M per year.  But since we have
>to trade nearly even salary, it won't overload our cap.  We should try to
>package any of Dee, Dana, Minor, Pervis, and Ellison (whoever they want)
>to Detroit for him.  It will actually be salary cap friendly because all
>of those guys have 3+ year contracts.  And Thorpe would give us a solid
>veteran presence (and he can actually still play in this league).
>	Before people start saying Detroit would never do it, keep in mind
>that Dumars will be retiring soon (so they need a 2 (ie Minor)), and
>Lindsey Hunter is a free agent.  If he leaves they need someone to guard
>1's.  Grant Hill runs the offense, so a player like Dee or Dana would fit
>in well.

I agree. But detroit would be unwilling to take more than one of our guards.
Collins does not want Thorpe on the team, and has(tenatively) made a deal
with Dudley to take over at center for the Pistons at center next year. For
us to get Thorpe we would have to get the $2.8 mil of Dino's salary and add
it to Dana's salary. That way both teams win, we get a defensive power
forward who shoots a good percentage and the get a cheap(and maybe better)
replacement for Lindsey Hunter(who wants 5mil a year). This trade would
benefit both teams.