tids and tats

	Vin Baker has two years left before he has the option of becoming
a free agent.  So it makes mores sense to trade for him than to wait for
him.
	JD the problem with a simulated game between the '86 Celtics and
'96 Bulls is that they were shooting from different three point lines.
The Bulls are two feet closer and therefor their three point FG% are
artificially higher.  Restoring the original three point line for next
season was a great idea.  Now shooters will shoot and non-shooters (ie Dee
and Antoine) will take it to the hole more.
	As far as this whole Kevin Garnett thing goes, I predict he will
make the third biggest impact of next year's free agent class (behind
Pippen and Hardaway) if they all sign with new teams.  And of course he's
not worth $25M per year.  That's just posturing.  Everyone does it.
Wallace is also intriguing.  I think McDyess and Smith are overrated.
	On to trade talks.  If Otis Thorpe can regain his winning (over
whining) attitude he would be the perfect addition to this team.  He has
two years left on his contract at about $6M per year.  But since we have
to trade nearly even salary, it won't overload our cap.  We should try to
package any of Dee, Dana, Minor, Pervis, and Ellison (whoever they want)
to Detroit for him.  It will actually be salary cap friendly because all
of those guys have 3+ year contracts.  And Thorpe would give us a solid
veteran presence (and he can actually still play in this league).
	Before people start saying Detroit would never do it, keep in mind
that Dumars will be retiring soon (so they need a 2 (ie Minor)), and
Lindsey Hunter is a free agent.  If he leaves they need someone to guard
1's.  Grant Hill runs the offense, so a player like Dee or Dana would fit
in well.
	If we do move Dana or Dee, Eric Murdock will make the team
(assuming he is willing to sign a small one year deal).  From everything
I've heard, all aspects of his game (except his outside shooting) have
been excellent.  He would be a good addition and would be our "purest"
point guard.
	Theresa isn't it a little early to ask for predictions for next
season?  The roster isn't complete yet.  I think you did last year's
contest in October.  That being said, I can't resist playing along.  I'm
thinking we'll win 36 games (the same as my prediction last year actually)
and finish about eight games out of the playoff hunt.  But maybe only 1
game out of the western conference playoffs.  But I reserve the right to
change my mind (up or down) before the season starts.

Jeremy