Re: Vin Baker

The only way we could afford Baker or any high priced free agent is if we
got rid of everyone making over 1.2 million dollars.  This is about 6
players.  That would be about impossible.  I wouldn't expect Baker to sign
next year with the Celtics because they couldn't offer him much.  If we
traded for Baker first, then we could resign him for any amount.

The NBA Salary Cap is so screwed up now.  Teams like the Bulls have
payrolls of around $45 million while and can still get quality players like
Brian Williams while teams that only have payrolls of around $20 million
are stuck in a bind and can't do crap.  The NBA has to redo the cap.  Last
year was the year to get a free agent.  Other teams signing players for
huge amounts hurt us.  Now we are stuck in a bind.