Re: Kevin Garnett

At 05:07 PM 7/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I totally agree.  He isn't nearly a top forward in the league.  He is too
>young.  He doesn't deserve half the money.  Hes just a stupid kid who
>thinks he's "all that".

Garnett isn't a top forward... yet. When teams see Garnett they drool. He
combines so many disparate features, size, quickness, leaping ability and
skill, they immediately want him--enough to fork over that kind of money. He
rivals Shaq in terms of potential(i.e. he could develop into a dominating
force like Wilt and Russell). He hasn't yet, but a team will sign him for
his potential rather than his ability. If he does pan out, whoever bought
him will be praised as a genius, if he doesn't the unlucky GM will be
labeled the next ML.