Re: Contracts!

At 06:31 PM 7/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Eric is a pretty good matador on the defensive side also.  I have seen
>Ceballos make some pretty decent blocks on the defensive side.

Eric was a poor defensive player last year, but hopefully it was due to
obesity. Now that he's in better shape and playing for Pitino he'll blossom
in that area(I hope).

>Eric is not the outside scoring threat Ceballos is, and is not much younger.

Really? Both shoot nearly the same 3% but Ceballos continued to shoot
despite his poor percentage(25%) and Eric only took a few. Ceballos is more
of a liability than a threat from 3 range

>Also what
>happens at the end of the year when he wants a 7 year deal ?  As far as the
>3's we need an SF than can shoot the 3's like Pippen to take the load off
>the inside game and the guards.

You're right in stating we don't have a wing forward who's an outside
threat, yet. But Eric is working on his jump shot and Antoine may be a more
consistant outside shooter this year. Both have the potential to shoot from
the outside, we should wait and see if the develop before we try to get any
more wing players.

>  Having a 3 who thinks he's a 4 doesn't
>help us a lot as last years record showed.

Blaming eric for last year is a bit much. His postup game is not the cause
of all the celtics difficulities. Lax defense is a far more likely culprit.
Anyway, now that Eric's in better shape his post up game may prove to be a
great asset(considering we don't have any other post players besides Antoine
and Eric's better). If the opposing team defends Eric with a slower bigger
man(a malone, or Baker) who can push him out of the lane, Eric can slash by
them. If the opposing team defends him with a smaller man, Eric can muscle
them down low. It should be a win-win situation if he's in good
condition(unlike last year).

>  This season will probably tell.
> Pitino will see a keeper with a lot of potential and good work ethic if he
>can keep the weight down & shoot consistently, or move him quickly.

I agree

Noah