Re: Contracts!

- ----------
> From: Phe Meas
>
> I think RP should renegotiate EW's contract. EW is somebody that deserves
a 7 year deal. AW also deserves a 7 year deal. But FOX, KNIGHT,>STRONG?
Please...

IMO I don't know if anyone deserves a 7 year deal. You are taking a big
risk that they will turn into a star and you won't be stuck with a Barros,
Brown, Ellison, or Radja, and also won't be whining after 2 years like
Shawn Kemp when everyone is now making double or tiple what they are.  No
one has proven anything except that we can be the worst defensive team in
the league. I am in the minority I guess that doesn't think Williams
deserves anywhere near $3M a year and that unless he drastically improves
his outside shooting ability, we move him before we sign him to a long term
contract.  Right now I see him as a sixth man at best.  I would move him
straight up for Ceballos any time.  Ceballos can give you 20+ a game and
add the slasher 3 with outside scoring ability we need to have to have both
inside & outside threats. And as far as D, Ceballos & Williams  are a wash,
neither are that great, but I have seen some good plays at ties from both.