Re: Celtics current roster

>Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 07:42:04 -0400
>To: "Timothy Jordan" <patsrule90@geocities.com>
>From: "Ronald H. Evans" <ronald_evans@pipeline.com>
>Subject: Re: Celtics current roster
>
>At 09:13 PM 7/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> When you think of the Celtics, you think of great passers like Bird
>>and Cousy.  Walton was an excellent passer in his Celtics years, as well.
>>I don't think any of the current players can cut it.
>
>Antoine's a pretty good passer(3.6 apg last year even though he took the
most shots on the team), when Pitino calms down his shot selection he should
look to pass more.

>>  Knight had about .6 assists, so hes not the guy.  I
>>think we need to try to get a guy known for his crisp passing.  We are one
>>player away from being complete.
>
>I won't discount Knight as a passer yet. I may be wrong about this, but
from what little I've seen of him, hew wasn't an integral part of the
offense in LA. Since players didn't look for him as an option, he didn't get
many touches leaving him little opportunity to get assists. I've also heard
people praise his passing. But without seeing him as a primary part of the
celtrics new system, we shouldn't judge him yet.