Fox...Bye

It is nice to see most of our mailing list members paying
tribute to Fox.....and even Pitino says [on CBS Sportsline]
that he wanted Fox [& Conlon] back but the rejection of Radja
trade made it impossible to retain Fox.

I also feeel bad about letting Fox go. But reality is that we
have Williams, Mercer, Minor and especially Walker who could
play at SF. So despite Fox's defense and levelheadedness he
had no place on the roster. Also let us not forget that Fox
himself opted for free agency that put him in real jeapordy
because he is not regarded that good anywhere else. [  May
be don't get surprised if Bird picks him up to play SF at
Indy]. To me Fox might end up like Walt Williams of last year.

Read a nice and short tribute to Fox by Bob Ryan in the Globe
[ and a thrashing of Day too].

My feeling is that Wallace and Pitino are working hard to see
if a trade could be orchestrated to get a semi-decent PF soon.

                                       Sashi.