Of Pippen, Pitino and Wallace

When I first heard about the Pippen trade-attempt, I got worried
that Pitino was pulling a "Carr" and looking for a short fix.
Then I realized that Pitino and Wallace know how to work the cap,
and how the new NBA can be worked. Wallace was very successful in
Miami.
Rick /might/ have had a front line of Pippen, Weatherspoon and Walker.
Not too bad! Plus who know what other moves were awaiting? I think
these guys will get us to the finals in 4 years, but if they can do
it sooner, they will.

What is different is that we cannot think linearly: draft so-and-so,
develop him into a star, THEN win a championship. Pitino and
Wallace think in terms of "get A and B" win a championship, then
get C and D (by working the cap), and win another."

What is exiting is that Boston, not Miami or the Lakers, now has
some of the masters of the new NBA, the guys who know how to work
this system.
Guaranteed, the Celtics will be a great product from here on out,
and will eventually get to the "final four."

Bob Strauss