Re: Tempered Optimism

> 2.  David Wesley is gone and we got nothing.  Pitino stressed
> repeatedly
> that money was the reason we weren't aggressively persuing him, and he
>
> suggested at numbers on the order of 3+ million a year being a
> stumbling
> block.  Instead Wesley signed with a team for 1.75 this year.  The
> smarter move would have been to sign Wesley at that price and then
> trade
> him to a team of his choice after Billups learned enough to start, or

David Wesley signed a 7 year contract worth $20 million. If he was to
get an even amount annually, he would receive about $2.86 million
yearly. He is suppose to get $1.75 million for the first year.
Subsequent years, he will be making at least $3 million per season.
According to the Herald, the C's did go after Wesley. They offered him
less than what Charlotte offered him.

> 3.  The Scottie Pippen deal would have ruined any chance of getting a
> title in the next 5 years.  Depending on who's account you believe, 2
> or

I agree with you on this one, but suprisingly there are many supporters
of the trade. Some of the guys on WEEI (850) think its a good idea.
Peter Vesey also think its a good idea.