Re: RODMAN!!!!

That is a legitimate reason.  If we can dump the 3 Ds (Dino, Dana, Dee), we
would have enough money for Rodman and we could pay him about 5 mil a year.
 We'd still have money for another big player.  Red  said before the season
ended: 1)he wanted to hire a new coach  2)have a good draft  3)get a
big-name free agent while dumping off some salaries.  He did #1 and #2, but
#3 is the option that hasn't been filled yet.  We lack 2 players: C and
PF/SF (depending on where Walker plays).  Williams is a legit SF/PF but
isn't a Scottie Pippen or Shawn Kemp.  Our center for the upcoming year
would be Pervis Ellison.  Our backup is Marty Conlon.  It doesn't get much
worse than that, even with the Chicago Bulls.  We need to get a center who
can: 1)get the rebounds and start the fast break  2)block a few shots.

- ----------
> From: smishra <smishra@ix.netcom.com>
> To: Luke357401@aol.com; celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Re: RODMAN!!!!
> Date: Friday, July 04, 1997 2:13 PM
>
> > > Every great team has had a Dennis
> > >  Rodman, even past Celtics teams (remember?).  Did Rodman "disgrace"
> the
> > >  Bulls by aiding them in getting 2 rings?  No, the only players that
> > >  disgrace a team are the ones who won't give their all to win.
>
> Why are we even discussing this, Rodman made 10 mill and even if you put
> performance clause in his contract it will still count towards the cap.
The
> C's after signing a Travis Knight type player will barely be under the
cap,
>  unless ofcourse they move Dino to Europe. The 5.3 mill thus freed could
be
> used to go for Brian Grant, who is a FA.
>                                                                    -
Mishra