Re: FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS

Dorine Pratt <norine@sover.net> wrote:
> Hi.  I thought they did change the rule about calling time out while
> falling out of bounds?  I'm quite sure I read that in the paper.

Yes.  The new rules say that a player may not call a timeout if he
doesn't have both feet on the floor or if any part of his body is over
the line.  Of course, that leaves it open for a player to call timeout
if he sees a teammate falling out of bounds.  But that's hard to judge
and react to in a split second, so I don't think we'll be seeing that
play very much anymore.  I never really liked it anyway, except when
it was a novelty.

They've also moved the three point line back to where it used to be.