Re: FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS

On Wednesday, 2 July 1997 22:02 Timothy Jordan wrote:

>They did.  You can't call timeout unless you have both feet on the ground.

I believe the rule on calling timeouts was changed so that a player could
not call a timeout while in the air WITH any part of their body having
crossed the out line.

excert from New Zealand Press Association aritcle:
"The timeout rule will prohibit players from calling a timeout if both of
his feet are in the air and any part of his body has broken the vertical
plane of the baseline or sideline."

So time outs can still be called while in mid air as long as the players
body is totally within bounds.

Now onto the celtics...

About the only good thing I could have seen coming out of the Scottie pippen
trade was the ability for people like me in New Zeland to buy some Celtics
merchandise 'cause we only get stuff from teams with fan favorites (i.e we
get a lot of Bulls (Jordan Pippen Rodman), Lakers (Shaq), Pistons (Hill)
stuff and not much else). Thankfully someone saw some sense and keep the
picks.

My only question is when Dana Barros won the most improved player of the
year a couple of years back with Philly was the three point line at it's
original distance? If so may be Dana will be an important asset to the
Celt's this year. Even if he is payed too much. Actually now I have another
question... can any one supply a list (or tell me where to find one) of
current celtics and their contract salaries and expiry dates so I can see
when we'll actually have some money to spend.

Finally thanks to every one posting to the list because out here in this
south pacific paradise celtics news and good NBA reports are hard to come by
(especially on a timely basis).

Thanks,
AY