Antoine's height

aquaman wrote:

> can anybody tell me REALLY how tall and how big antoine walker is.  when i saw him on t.v. this year he looked to be 6-7, 220lbs... but you
can't really tell by t.v..  all i know is that he doesn't look that big
or big enough to play the 4 in this league... am i wrong? (which is
totally possible!)

At last year's predraft camps, Antoine was measured at 6'8-3/4" in bare
feet.  Considering how well he plays underneath, I'd say he can play the
4 -- he's got a good 2 inches and 10-15 pounds on Rodman.

> in addition, if antoine ends up as a 3 what does everybody think about
> rasheed wallace?  he's a f.a. next year and i thought he was a punk but
> he seems to have been out of trouble for a while... even if he plays with
> portland.  i saw a lot of tnt games with him and he's GOOD.

Since neither Garnett (despite being a true 7') and McDyess are true
centers and Stackhouse and Smith are 'tweeners, Wallace is the one class
of 1995 player I'd consider shelling out the megabucks for.  Even so, I
think the whole 1998 free agent bonanza is overblown and a lot of teams
will be paying the price for it in the long run.  Just look at what the
Knicks did last year, blowing $80 million on Childs and Houston.  The
key isn't getting the first or the most free agents, it's getting the
RIGHT free agents.  We now have a promising nucleus of three guys in
their early 20s, plus a bona fide scorer in Eric Williams.  For now we
need some guys to play physical post defense, crash the boards and
provide enough of an inside presence to open things up for Billups,
Mercer and Walker.  Suddenly things are looking a bit more like they did
just before Russell arrived and just before the Parish-McHale
blockbuster.  Let's be patient.

Michael Gooen