Re: trade idea

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Hash, Troy wrote:

> Jeremy, please explain this "150%" rule.  I don't understand.  Troy

I could be wrong, but my understanding was that when you have a free
agent, he takes up 150% of his old salary on next year's cap until you
either renounce him or resign him.  So Todd Day (who made $2.9M last year)
will add about $4.5M to our cap figure, thus limiting our money to play
with in the free agent market, until we renounce him.  I haven't gotten
any news yet today but I'm guessing that Todd Day was renounced.  And for
that matter I hope Brickowski was as well.

Jeremy