Re: the Dallas pick

Gill is averaging 21.6 pts, 7 rebounds and 4 assists per game this year.
Historically he is about a 14 pt, 4 rebounds, 4 assist guy.  His second
year he averaged 20.5 pts too.  This is his breakout year and with a
bad team.

You are talking about giving up Williams 12.3 pts, 5 rebounds, 1.5 asst
Minor 10 pts 3.5 rebs, 1.5 assts and Pervis who is careerwise a 10 pt,
7 reb, 1.5 asst guy.

With the exception of Pervis you are giving up youth and two guys that
are getting better for a guy in his prime.  A good move if you are on
the verge of a championship, not if you are one of the worse teams in
the NBA.  Unlike you, I feel Williams and Minor will only get better.

Your idea isn't bad, but not one I would make.  I do like the Dallas
pick for Sura.

If anything we need to move guys in their prime like Radja, Dee and Dana
for youth.

> 	I've been thinking about potential trades (as I always do) and for
> a while I haven't posted any.  But I had thought of one that is similar to
> the suggestion of the Dallas pick for Bobby Sura.
> 	Assuming that the Dallas pick ends up being 7th (which this year
> may end up only being a role player), we could trade it and Dee Brown to
> Cleveland for their first rounder and the one they will take from Phoenix
> (which will probably end up being 12th or so).  That would give us three
> first rounders and two role players instead of one, plus we would unload
> Dee Brown.
> 	Another possibility after the season ends, would be Minor,
> Williams, and Ellison to New Jersey for Kendall Gill.  I think salary wise
> this would work.  It would give us a quality player and give New Jersey a
> bench.  Obviously they wouldn't do it now, but hopefully by the end of the
> season Minor and Pervis will be healthy.  And I feel that Eric Williams
> isn't going to develop into anything special.  It would also alleviate the
> logjam at small forward (and everywhere else when we're healthy).  I'm
> guessing that Gill makes about $5M per year but I'm not sure about that.
> And it's worth it for us because he would finally give us that 20 point
> scoring two guard we've been looking for.
> 	Does anyone think Calipari would consider this if he hasn't
> managed to trade Gill by the end of the season?  Since everyone else does
> this, here's my projected starting lineup and depth chart if this goes
> through and we draft Duncan:
> 1: Wesley; 2: Gill; 3: Walker; 4: Dino; 5: Duncan,
> 1: Barros  2: Day   3: Fox     4/5: Draft Pick (Battie/Koul)
> 	Day would be resigned to a small, short contract and we would also
> draft a guard with our second round pick.  The starting lineup would have
> young, veteran guards.  Two dynamic, young guys in the front-court, and
> Dino's inside scoring/help defense...... Any thoughts?
>
> Jeremy

- --

- -----glenn han
     McDonnell Douglas C17 - Long Beach, CA
     email:  c987587@hs1004.mdc.com

The most important things in life aren't things.