Derek Anderson

>I live in Lexington where UK plays.  Derek's surgery went well, but he is
>expected to miss the NBA tryout camps.  The general consensus is that he
>will not be drafted, but will sign a free agent contract and play next
>year.

I got this from the Milwaukee Newsgroups.
If this is true then are we in going to compete for Derek Anderson's services?
If he does not end up getting drafted, can we just sign him to a contract or
does he have to declare himself for draft, not get drafted and then sign a
contract??
I saw him play once so I can't comment much on him but reading about him, he
seems to have a great athletic ability. Also, what happens to Minor, Day, Dana,
and Dee who all play the two-guard spot. I rather see Day stay, signed for a
bargin price as the second guard. Minor should be released, Dana traded to
Washington, (they love three point shooters)and Dee as the third guard when
times get desperate.

Opinions??

Ritesh Ramani
ramani_rite@bentley.edu