Re: Walker's Free throws

Mishra asked:
>Walker has turned out to vey poor free throw shooter, in fact if he had
>shot 80% of the free-bee's he would be 20/10 player now. Could somebody
>watching the games comment on what is happening ? Is he rimming it, or has
>a bad follow through or is not concentrating and how does the coaching
>staff intends to fix it.

Definitely pulling the string without enough follow-through on at least some
of them -you can see his arms pull back. Suspect part of the problem's
mental by this point, as it became with Montross, who was a good free throw
shooter in college (Walker was mediocre if I remember correctly). You fix
free throws with practice, practice and more practice to make them
automatic, but who knows if the coaching staff is forcing him to do extra
work on the side. Me, I'd ask Special Assistant Bird to light a fire under
him with some free throw contests until he gets mad rather than worried
about missing and starts to work out the physical and mental kinks in a
non-game situation.
- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@mail.idt.net