Re: Jacque Vaughn

mwmornin wrote:

>  I believe Jacque Vaughn would make an excellent point man for the
> Celtics. Most importantly, he has the intelligence to make wise decisions
> in the clutch. He also has the intangibles, like a strong leadership
> presence, something which has been missing since the Big 3 were in town.
> Kind of reminds me of Dennis Johnson, anyone agree? The last few years the
> Celtics have been drafting big men and they've proven to be flops. The
> Celtics should look at a different perspective a draft a man who can run
> the show, someone that the team can rally around. I'm from Detroit myself
> so I know how Doug Collins rebuilt the Pistons first hand. He drafted
> Grant Hill, not the greatest college player ever, but very well-rounded
> and intelligent. He's a leader, a team player, and a great role model.
> Then they added a wily veteran Otis Thorpe one who could step in and make
> an instant impact. Thorpe shows a thing or two to the younger big men,
> Ratliff, Reid and Williams. It took Doug Collins two years to turn the
> Pistons into a league contender again, I sincerely wish M.L. would take a
> page from Collins book. But to write that book the celtics need a quality
> coach, and that's something Boston is sure missing right now.

I have just a few comments to make.  What could Vaugn give us that
Wesley does'nt already?  I think that most would have to agree, that
David is the superior player.  Using a high draft pick on a postion in
which we are already solid would be a mistake.

About Collins.  Not to take anything away from him.  But I believe that
the Pistons turn around has more to do with drafting the next NBA
standard bearer (HILL) than anything else.  Granted Collins has done an
excellent job, however, if you add Grant Hill to the Celtics and I think
they become an even better team than the Pistons are now.

Adam Litchy