Salary Cap/Contracts

I read today at USAToday's website that the rookies who are working
under the new rules, i.e. the three year contracts with fixed
monetary limits, are allowed to resign with their own teams one year
before becoming a free agent.  So this summer the draftees from '95
can negotiate new contracts.  (Actually, the article only mentioned
this with respect to Joe Smith but I'm assuming it applies to
everyone.)  There was no mention of what kind of monetary limits
would be in place for the new contracts.  I think most likely the
standard NBA cap rules for reworking a contract apply.

Ray