Fwd: Re: This Mess

Noah, I think you're being a little generous in referring to Brickowski
as a center.  He's 6'9"; he's not exceptionally strong or quick and he
has no low post game.  He's also 38 years old and has had a history of
medical problems in recent seasons .  When a team is rebuilding, it
makes no sense to bring in TWO ancient journeymen, and we already had
Lister -- a legitimate center.

Knight, on the other hand, is a 23 year old 7 footer with a strong work
ethic.  Anyone who saw him play at UConn could see that.  I won't claim
that I predicted he would be this good, but he certainly was worth
taking a shot at (more so than Szabo, anyway) and I have to believe the
C's could have signed him for a fraction of what they're paying
Brickowski.

Besides, complaining about Knight helps me forget that the Celtics had
Isaac Austin in summer league and let him get away to Riley.

Enough about the past mistakes.  Here's hoping Steve Hamer becomes a
star and makes us forget about the Brickowskis and Doug Smiths.

Michael

- --- Internet Message Header Follows ---