Re: 5 straight

Caleb J. McArthur wrote:

> The Len Bias jinx on Boston sports continues.  I bet that in the last 10
> years (10/86 - 1/97) we have had more losses in professional championships
> than any other city (Sox in 86, Celts in 87, Bruins twice to the Oilers in
> 88 and 90 I think, and now Pats in 97 = 5).  Boston may now hold the
> record for most consecutive losses in professional championships.  I may
> move to Buffalo soon.  At least their first round picks don't die of heart
> attacks in their 20s.
>
> Someone please make me feel better by naming a city with more consecutive
> losses in professional championships.  Denver had four until the Avalanche
> won.  Buffalo has only four unless the Sabres have ever lost in the Cup
> finals.  I think LA had four in  a row (all to the Celts) back in the
> 60s, but some of those may have been when they were in Minneapolis.  Maybe
> Minneapolis has more than Boston since the Vikings lost three times before
> the Twins won.
>
> Caleb
>
> Caleb J. McArthur | Michigan Law School | cmcarthu@umich.edu
> Trapped in the Bizarro universe wondering how pissed Bizaro Caleb is that
> Boston keeps winning all the championships in the real universe.

Dear Mr. McArthur,

You have absolutely NO CLASS!!

To make that kind of remark about the death of an athlete shows what
little regard you have for the life of a human being.  The memory of Len
Bias means far more than winning championships, unless the beholder is
some gutless law school student like you, who has a propensity for
rattling off meaningless statistics.  Stick to the mighty Detroit Tigers
and the Detroit Lions.  Now those are real winners huh?  And the
University of Michigan, did the Fab Four ever bring home that NCAA title?

CW