Re: This Mess

> > Can't we bring in Brian Williams for the rest of the season and take a
look
> > at him ?  He isn't making any money, give him a low $ contract & take a
> > look at him.  He can't be any worse than what we have (or don't have)
and
> > may be a keeper if he has realized his real worth.
>
> To begin with he wouldn't sign for a low $ money contract. He wants
> multi-year 7 mill+ a year. Add to that the knee injury he was keeping a
> secret. I think Dallas brought him in and was scared off pretty quickly
> after seeing what condition that knee was in. So yeah he can be worse
than
> what we have(or don't have).

Art, right now he is realizing he is not going to get that from anyone,
especially with the questions about his knee.  He might come in for the
rest of the year to showcase his talent other teams for next year.  His
sitting out doesn't help him, he needs to prove it o the court.

> > I say lose Day, Brickowski, Lister, Fox, & Szabo at the end of the year
> > (that's what about $6-8M), and get 1 or 2 good free agents to go with
the
> > draft picks. We could have obtained  an Allan Houston or Latrell
Sprewell
> > this year.
>
> Day, Brick and Lister are certainly goners. Fox might not take the option
and stick around for another year. Szabo probably won't make it to the end
of the year on the roster anyway. But even with the money freed up it
doesn't mean that a free agent will come to Boston. For this same reason
how do we know the Celts didn't make on offer to Travis Knight. If you were
him were would  you rather go a contender in the Lakers of a near Cellar
team in the Celts.  For one thing if he were on the Celts he wouldn't be
putting up the good
numbers. With LA he plays almost exclusively at the power forward spot
 because of his lack of strength. He benefits from being on the floor at
the
> same time as Shaq. If he were our starting center he would be getting
killed
> every night.
>
> Art Silva

With Wesley, Antoine, the 2 draft picks, & a new coach, I think some of
them might take a second look, especially if we land Duncan.

Regarding Knight, I wouldn't be concerned about his performance this year,
but as a part of the future plan. He would have been a better investment
for the future than a Lister, Brickowski or Hamer, even if he was scorched
nightly.  It wouldn't be any worse than what Stackhouse and others do to
the current squad.