Re: This Mess

JLyell wrote:

> It's hard to believe there are teams with worse records than us.
>
> If we land Duncan, we better add some additional beef inside to help out,
> or Duncan will end up like Brad Daugherty.  We need a bruiser like Scott
> Pollard who plays 2 games on a stress fracture in his foot.  The Celtic
> players stub their toe and they are out for two weeks.  Where are Pervis
> Ellision & Dana  Barros ?  What is the status of their latest injuries ?

I agree there is no question we need to beef up as long as it is not another
big man in the spirit of Brick and Lister

> Can't we bring in Brian Williams for the rest of the season and take a look
> at him ?  He isn't making any money, give him a low $ contract & take a
> look at him.  He can't be any worse than what we have (or don't have) and
> may be a keeper if he has realized his real worth.

To begin with he wouldn't sign for a low $ money contract. He wants
multi-year 7 mill+ a year. Add to that the knee injury he was keeping a
secret. I think Dallas brought him in and was scared off pretty quickly
after seeing what condition that knee was in. So yeah he can be worse than
what we have(or don't have).

> I say lose Day, Brickowski, Lister, Fox, & Szabo at the end of the year
> (that's what about $6-8M), and get 1 or 2 good free agents to go with the
> draft picks. We could have obtained  an Allan Houston or Latrell Sprewell
> this year.

Day, Brick and Lister are certainly goners. Fox might not take the option and
stick around for another year. Szabo probably won't make it to the end of the
year on the roster anyway. But even with the money freed up it doesn't mean
that a free agent will come to Boston. For this same reason how do we know
the Celts didn't make on offer to Travis Knight. If you were him were would
you rather go a contender in the Lakers of a near Cellar team in the Celts.
For one thing if he were on the Celts he wouldn't be putting up the good
numbers. With LA he plays almost exclusively at the power forward spot
because of his lack of strength. He benefits from being on the floor at the
same time as Shaq. If he were our starting center he would be getting killed
every night.

Art Silva