Re: derek anderson

Christopher Gee wrote:

>1) What are anyone thoughts about Derek Anderson Of Kentucky berfore his
>injury, what draft position(13-14?), and if you think he is a legitimate
>NBA shooting guard?
>2) With his injury he should drop some, maybe middle to late 1st depending
>on his rehab.  What does anyone think of possibly using out 1st pick to
>take a big man and maybe trading down the Dallas pick(depending on the
>pick#) for a backup center(depending on what team we trade down with) and
>taking Anderson with the pick. I believe
>we could use a solid starting 2 guard and this way get two big men as
>well.

I really like Anderson.  Pitino says that Anderson is his best player and I
can see why.  He can shoot, drive, dish, and play D.  Obviously the injury
will drop him some, how far he will drop is too early to tell.  Supposedly
this is an injury that he can fully recover from, but i think that teams will
still be skeptical.  The idea situation (for the celtics) is if he is around
when the celtics make their second round pick (which will be a high pick in
the second round), but it's too early to tell where he will go until he
re-habilitates the injury and proves that he can still play well.

Jeff