J. Mark Estepp wrote:
>I never thought I would be saying this, but I believe that Todd Day should
>be kept by the C's and inserted as the starting 2 guard.  He has had a
>streak of several good games, some of them outstanding. I am also in favor
>of this because I just don't see Minor working out as a solid starter.
>
>I think Day's play has improved because he is showcasing himself for
>whatever team he is on next year.  The C's can capitalize on this if they
>give him some security.
>
>IF Todd Day plays under control (perhaps a big IF) he has shown he can
>rebound, run the floor, and pass the ball, and we know he can shoot.
Day's talent has never been a question. The problem is his head. As you
pointed out, he's had a streak of good games to showcase himself. First
- -streak is the story of his career. Second, why the devil is giving security
to a guy who's always been streaky and who you now believe is only playing
well for a contract to the Cs benefit? If anything, it would be
counterproductive.
Cs should be able to find a better use for the money, but ML being ML he
probably agrees with you and will reward him with 5 years at $5 million per.
*sigh*
- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@mail.idt.net