Re: What a Farce

Jeremy P. Ryan wrote:

> I cannot believe that there are that many idiots out there who think that
> the '96 Bulls would beat the '86 Celtics by such a wide margin (approx.
> 70%-30%). If you look down the rosters, it is a hell of a lot more even
> than that....
>
> PG-Johnson over Harper
> SG-Jordan over Ainge
> SF-Bird over Pippen
> PF-McHale over moron
> C- Parish over Longley
>
> DJ and Harper are very close in my book, but DJ gets it because of his
> experience. Jordan kills Danny in nearly every aspect of the game. Larry
> and Scottie would have problems guarding each other, but Larry is a
> superior player in the clutch. Kevin would manhandle camera-boy, and the
> Chief would run circles around Quasi Modo.
>
> Bench-Walton, Wedman, Kite, Roberts, Shicting (whatever) over
>       Kukoc, Kerr, Caffey, Brown, Buechler
>
> Other than Walton and Kukoc, the benches are pretty lame.
>
> I'm sure that you guys agree with me. What do y'all think?

Parish/Walton vs. Lonley/Wennington/Salley matchup would have killed the
Bulls.  Jordan would have been the X factor in this series.  We must
remember, however, this was the year Birdy could do anything (i.e.
triple double and 29 pts. in game 6 vs. Rockets.  Because of Michael, I
would take the Celts in 7 games.