Fwd: Re(2): Walker, New York and nect years celtics

John Lyell,jlyell@concentric.net,Internet writes:
I would not expect Duncan to make that much of a difference.  We need at
least 2, hopefully 3 productive players out of the draft or trades to fill
our holes at 2, 4, & 5.  I wish I had such confidence in Williams & Minor,
Williams has not improved this year and is not really suited for the 4
position IMO, which leaves us with too many 3's.  Minor is a 2 without an
outside shot, if he can improve this he could be helpful, if not he is a
liability, the defense will double team  in the paint on Duncan or whoever,
 until you earn their respect.

I think you define Williams too strictly. You're right in the statement that
Williams is not a four as such, but I think he has the post up abilities to
be a four on offense. His rebounding and defense are both subpar so he should
probably play D at three. Walker would compensate playing D at the four
spot(hopefully his expierence at five will help). So with Walker compensating
for Williams' defensive problems and Williams providing the post up offense
and Walker cleaning up we have a good foward tandem. About Williams not
improving: I think Williams' seeming lack of improvement is due to his
obesity(which will probably decrease). In the last few games he has been far
better driving to the basket and if we're lucky his shot will start to fall
consistantly.
     As for Minor I disagree to part of your point that Minor is not a good
shooter. Minor is a good enough open shooter but he lacks the ability to
create his own shot with a defender. So while he will never be a go to guy; I
think he can shoot the open shot well enough to punish someone who double
teams.

Thanks for your response

Noah