Re: Scouting budget?

JOzersky stated:

> Not me.  The only scouting that matters is draft scouting, and between tv
> games and the predraft camps and workouts, we see plenty.  What I want
> someone to scout for me is WHAT THE HELL DERRICK COLEMAN IS DOING IN>
PHILADELPHIA?  I'm really afraid that with Dino gone we'll play better,
> especially with pervis back.  Philadelphia must not get Tim Duncan.  No
Way.
>  We don't need the worst record in the draft, but it is imperative that
we
> stay worse than Philly.  I hate them so much I'll root for them.
>
> P.S.  What's going on with Eric Williams?  Should we consider drafting
Tim
> Thomas if we dno't get the #1?

I believe it is the college scouting budget that was rumored to be reduced.
  We should care because with the Dallas & second round picks it is vital
to our rebuilding that we get some good talent. The Hamers, Acie Earls,
Michael Smiths, will kill us, and we have not had a good draft track
record.   I agree, we better start tanking it some more, If Philly lands
Duncan to go with Iverson & Stackhouse the Celtics are screwed. Losing Dino
has its good and bad points. The bad being we won't be moving him this
year, the good IMO being we won't be getting any better.  Although a PF,
Dino was the closest thing we had to a center, with him gone for the
season, and  Lister, Brick, Walker & Szabo playing the pivot, we should get
killed nightly at that position.  We just need to make sure we lose to the
likes of Philly, Jersey, & San Antonio, and keep an eye on the Clippers.

As for Eric Williams, I have seen enough (the second coming of Ed
Pinckney). Move him for a big man or big 2 guard (Gill ?) before we give
him a big multi-year contract.  Williams & Brown for Gill & O'bannon or
Khalid Reeves ?  At the least we would get a good 2 guard, and dump Brown.

Just heard the Lakers & Rockets swapped Robert Horry & Cedric Ceballos
tonight, with Jumpin' Joe Kleine also going to L.A.