New guy from Lakerland

Hey, welcome back!

1) Now that the Celtics seem to zeroing in on the worst
   record in the league, who is the big man the Celts
        should be after in the lottery?  Tim Duncan?

Yup!  We are proud frontrunners in the Tim Duncan Sweepstakes, though I was
a little unnerved by the C's back-back wins over Phoenix and San Antone.
That, combined with Philly's precipitous climb back into the rankings,
could be problematic.

2) How is the latest crop of rookies shaping up, especially
   Antoine Walker and Marcus Camby?

Walker is good, but does not appear to be uncorked yet.  He shows flashes
of truly awesome potential, but has yet to string more than a couple games
together. That may be because his minutes, and seeming role, vary quite a
bit.  He's now the C's starting center.  Camby has been very good when
playing, but injury-riddled.  First an ankle, then a back, now a knee.  I
think he's played in less than half of Toronto's games

3) What's happened to Eric Montross in Dallas?

Pardon my french, but he's sucking ass, along with Samaki Walker, who just
went on IR.  Antoine's stats are better than those two combined.  Throw in
Dallas pick next year, and it's clear who got the better end of that deal.
Trash ML as you will, but that was a great deal!

4) Do you think that M.L. Carr intentionally tanked the
   season by going into it without a legitimate center?

Yup. He wants foundations for the future, and seems to have come to the
conclusion that Tim Duncan would be that foundation.

5) What do you think of the rumored Dee Brown for Stacey
        Augmon trade?

Jump on it!  Add another 6-8 guy who can play defense, and at least he's
tradeable.  Getting rid of Dee Brown the overpaid 3d guard/complainer would
be ideal, no matter if we don't have a backup PG or not.

6) I'm stunned by the fact that the Lakers can free up
   enough salary cap space to offer Shaq $120 million
        while the best the Celtics can do is scrape up a slot
        to sign Frank Brickowski.  I am living in a hopeless
        fantasy thinking that maybe M.L. Carr will be "promoted"
        and that Rick Pitino will take over at the end of the
        season?

It is my fantasy as well.

Later!

Chris