Re: kenny smith available

Glenn Han wrote:

> I know people talk about diversity and that certain players can play
> multiple positions, but below is really what we have.  One point guard,
> too many shooting guards and way too many useless centers.  Unfortunately
> centers are hard to come by and getting just a decent center is often
> adequate (which is why Dallas went after Montross) if you surround him
> with good players.  Kenny would fit in nicely as a backup poing guard.
>
> Boston Celtics Roster
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> NO. PLAYER             POS    HT    WT    YRS   COLLEGE
> ==  =====              ===    ==    ==    ===   =======
>
>  4  David Wesley        G    6-0   198     3    Baylor
>
>  9  Greg Minor         G/F   6-6   230     2    Louisville
> 13  Todd Day           G/F   6-6   188     4    Arkansas
> 11  Dana Barros         G    5-10  163     7    Boston College
>  7  Dee Brown           G    6-1   192     6    Jacksonville
>
> 44  Rick Fox           G/F   6-7   249     5    North Carolina
>  8  Antoine Walker      F    6-9   225     R    Kentucky
>
> 40  Dino Radja         F/C   6-11  255     3    Croatia
> 55  Eric Williams       F    6-8   220     1    Providence
> 30  Marty Conlon        F    6-11  245     5    Providence
>
> 53  Alton Lister       F/C   7-0   245    15    Arizona State
> 34  Frank Brickowski   F/C   6-9   248    12    Penn State
> 43  Brett Szabo         C    6-11  230     R    Augustana
> 42  x-Steve Hamer       C    7-0   245     R    Tennessee
> 29  x-Pervis Ellison   F/C   6-10  242     7    Louisville
>
> Head Coach: M.L. Carr

Glenn, this is a good breakdown of the Celtics, but I would probably put
Williams at SF also .  Why would they not sign Kenny Smith at the league
minimum to give Wesley some backup, an waive Szabo or Hamer ?  Wesley  is
going to get burnt out & bail to the highest bidder at the end of the year.
 If Chris Childs is worth $4M on the open market, where does that put David
?