(fwd) Fw: your mail

Ken Kokubo wrote:

> >> Duncan + Raef Lafrentz would solve help defense/rebounding problem.
> >
> >I agree <With these two added, the C's have a chance to be one of the
best
> >in rebounding.>
>
> What about Pollard instead? He seems more mobile than Lafrentz. I don't
> know what their stats are but he seems like a better shot blocker and
> shooter also, you probably give up some rebounding (if all goes "well"
and
> we can get Duncan, then between Walker and Duncan whats a few less
rebounds
> at PF mean anyway) but I like his hussle. (something someone said earlier
> would be the need for a banger to compliment Duncan)
>
> The Celtics of the 90's, "The not quite as big three"?
>
> Plus Lafrentz is a junior right? Anyway, Pollard might be around for
> Dallas' pick even if the make the playoffs and out in the first series.
> Unfortunately there seems to be a trend where seniors on a winning team
> gets moved higher and higher in the draft order come march.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that they will turn out to be good NBA
players.  Sometimes the stock of players who play on final four teams is
higher than it
should be simply because they are playing for a great team and not
necessarily because they are such great prospects.  Look at what the
Kentucky guys are doing.
Walker was the best NBA prospect of the class, and he's showing that in the
NBA.
But McCarty and Delk are different stories.  I think a big reason why both
were selected as high as they were is because they played on a final four
team...same with Dontae Jones.

> And speaking of Kansas, now that Vaughn is back, If Dallas' pick is high
> enough what about Jacque? Is he worth a high pick if Welsey (while never
> going to be a perennial all-star) is playing well and working hard.

With Duncan and Walker on the front line, Wesley won't have to be a
perennial all star, just the solid player that he is.  I would much rather
see them go big with both first round picks.

> One thing I like about the above three (Duncan, Pollard, Vaughn) is that
> they seem like intelligent, hard-working, nice guys, something I think is
> becoming more important these days (rider, horry, iverson, etc).

Very true, and certainly the character of the player should be taken into
consideration when drafting.

jeff