Re: Why Kendell Gill???

> Date:          Sun, 5 Jan 1997 10:07:50 -0500 (EST)
> To:            Celtics@igtc.com
> From:          pravda <pravda@tiac.net>
> Subject:       Why Kendell Gill???

> There has been a lot of posts as of late calling for a trade to get Gill in
> a Celtics uniform. I ask why? Gill has been traded around the NBA for the
> past few years. Charlotte to Seattle and back to Charlotte. Now he's in the
> swamps of Jersey with the Nets. Doesn't this point to a problem that he
> doesn't seem to be a good fit where ever he goes? I think we have enough
> problems as it is.

Gill's problems early on in his career had nothing to do with his
character as a person. I believe that he was diagnosed with clinical
depression, which he is now over.

Living in the NY-NJ area I hear a lot of news about the Nets. Kendall
is a solid person and a leader, however the solid play of Kerry
Kittles coupled with the need for a small forward has made Gill
expendible.

Getting Gill would give the Celtics one of the top 2 guards in the
league. If they're lucky enough to land Duncan, just think how
competitive a starting lineup of Gill, Wesley, Walker, Duncan and
Radja would be.

David J. Boutte