Re: NO MERCER.........Duncan or Vaughn

- ----------

Tim Stewert stated:

> There's no way we can afford to take Mercer in the draft.  All he is is
> anothe Dee Brown, and we don't need that.  What we need is a center like
> Duncan, which is what we should take if available.   If he's not there or
> we don't have 1st pick we should trade our pick for more picks and go
with
> a good point guard like Vaughn from Kansas.
>
> Tim, are you the same person that wanted us to trade the #1 pick for
Scottie Pippen ?

Get real, if we don't land Duncan we might not even get Mercer because
Vancouver or whoever is at 2 might pick him.  No way Dee Brown has any
where near the talent of Mercer.  If he did we would have traded him by
now, but no takers. Mercer is only 20 and his game will only improve.  As
for Vaughn, he is a great floor leader, but reminds me too much of Sherman
Douglas, no outside shooting ability.  Taking Vaughn before 10 would be a
reach.  I would take a Chauncy Billups before vaughn.