Rick on the Radio

I heard Fox on the radio this morning.  He was driving to practice and
called in on his car phone.  Among the things he talked about:

1.  Going to the Toni Braxton concert and checking her out up close and
personal.  She came up to his stomach (she's short), but he said, "she
makes up for her height in other areas."  The Patriot's Curtis Martin was
Braxton's date at the Grammy's last night.

2. "Thank God for the Patriots!"  This was in response to the dj saying
that fans don't have much to root for this winter between the C's and the
Bruins.

3. On the draft:  He said that the Celtics would of course take Duncan if
he's available, but he also likes (this IS the order he said their names)
Mercer whom he mentioned was Antoine Walker's teammate last year, Battie
and then Van Horn. He really didn't expand on them as players.

4. On his status on the market:  ladies, he's on the market (not the free
agency type if you know what I mean).

5. He feels that ML is getting beat up in the media and by the fans.  "He's
kept us motivated to play hard in a tough season. He gets a bad rap and
it's not fair."

6. They asked if he knew Rodman.  He said, "I've met him, but I don't know
him. I don't hang out with him or anything. I have to say that I think he's
mastered the art of self-promotion." (What a diplomat!)

Fluffy piece, but there was some Celtic stuff in there that I thought you'd
like to hear.

Theresa

tjoyce@mit.edu