Re: The FleetCenter

jpacuska@epix.net wrote:

> The most likely reason for the season ticket owners not being able to get
> anyone to buy games from them is that the Celts just aren't a good team
> this year.  However, a second reason may be that fans just don't like to
> go to the Fleet.
>
> I haven't visited the new Fleet Center yet, but practically every comment
> I've heard about it has been negative.  The seats are too far away,....
> the atmosphere is sterile,..... fans don't feel like they're part of the
> action,... and so on and so on.
>
> Can anyone tell me anything *positive* about the Fleet?
>
> Joe
> Obviously, the Garden was a great place to watch basketball.  I was
fortunate to attend at least 200 Celtics games there.  But if you were
there (as I was) on the night everyone was sent home in the second
quarter because the ice under the floor was melting, you would have
concluded that the building had to be replaced.

The Fleet Center will never have the atmosphere of the Garden, but once
the Celts are good enough to sell out the place and win a few playoff
games, those concerns will disappear.

Mike Dynon

P.S.  I don't miss climbing eight flights of stairs to the balcony.