Re: Fox's stock rising.

At  7:51 PM 97.2.15 -0800, smishra wrote:
>Peter Vescey on ESPN reported that both Indiana and Lakers are interested
>in Rick Fox. Indiana is rumoured to offer Eric Dampier, Lakers are offering
>Sean Rooks. Of the two, I like the Indiana deal, Dampier has the makings of
>a solid backup center or even a starting center, he is averaging 6.3 pts, 5
>rebounds and about 1.3 blocks in roughly 18 min/game, but the Lakers could
>sweeten the deal if they substitute Rooks with Travis Knight <obviously
>they will have to add some deadwood to balance Fox's salary>. - Mishra

I was fairly impressed with Dampier the few times I have seen him. I wonder
why Indiana would want to trade him? Maybe with Smits and the two Davises
they feel they have enough big men, and they want somebody like Fox for
playmaking and ability to score outside as well as in.

This would be a tough decision for the Celts. They clearly need more of a
presence inside, but Dampier is still rather inexperienced. Fox is also a
big part of running the offense (for what that's worth) and team captain to
boot.

- -Marc