Followup on Wesley and SI post

John,

	Thanks for that info.  I went into my favorite work blowoff
pastime, ESPN's sortable stats, to check on Wesley's performance year to
date.  This is for the year mind you, which started off slow for our boy
David.

	ESPN's position rankings are a little lax.  Both Jordan and Grant
Hill are multi-position players listed at PG as well as shooting guard and
for Hill, SF.  So I culled them (among other shooting guards and small
forwards) out, as well as folk playing less than 15 minutes a game, or who
have played less than 25 games (Kidd has played only 23 games so he's out.
If you want to count him, drop Wes one spot in assists, rebounds, Ass/TO).

Using the above parameters, Wesley was 16th or better in the following
categories:

Scoring - 9th (16.7)
Assists - 9th  (7.7)
Rebounds - 9th (3.8)
Steals - 4th (2.21)
FG % - 4th (.482)
PAR (Points/assists/rebounds totalled) 13th (28.3)
Assist/TO ratio - 16th (2.59)
Points/shot - 8th (1.06)
Blocks - 9th (.26)

	Gee, beyond the obvious conclusion which is that I have far too
much time on my hands, I would say that Wesley is easily among the top 16
point guards in the league.  And to those folk who say that Wes is putting
up big numbers on a bad team, I say that as bad as the C's record is, it
would be substantially worse were David Wesley not on the team.

Later

Chris