Top 50

I was particularly proud of my home state boys on the stage:  Karl from
Summerfield, Robert from Shreveport, Elvin from Rayville, Willis R. from
Grambling and Bob P. from Baton Rouge.  If you count Pete M. and Shaq
(both from LSU) then Louisiana had seven of 50.  Not bad for the bayou
state.  I would have put Dumars in there, too, but I'm greedy.

Walton was there because of his talent and broadcasting job; why not
King or Nate Thurmond or even Jackie Moreland; yeah, he's from La, too.

I'll admit to standing in honor of Bill Russell and George Mikan when Russ
helped old George to the stage.  What a moment!!  I recognized every one
of those guys, except for Paul Arizin.

The continuing adulation of Wilt only bothered me a little.  He's certainly
awesome, but mainly because of size.  Talent wise, I would have to go
with others.

Gene