Re: Stackhouse

At  2:33 PM 97.2.7 -0600, Gene Kirkpatrick wrote:
>And Mr. Stackhouse must be having a
>hard time being satisfied in Philly.  So I think there will be 2 guards of real
>ability out there a year away.  If we get Duncan, or a good big man, we
>can turn around enough to attract one of these types.  I'm encouraged.

Be careful of Stackhouse I say. Although highly touted as a potential
superstar, the present reality is that he plays rather poorly. A recent
article at ESPN attempting to explain how Philly could get good draft picks
and still be in the cellar pointed to poor play by Stackhouse and Iverson.

Stackhouse is shooting 39% from the field (Iverson is 40%). In terms of
points/shot Stackhouse makes 0.87 pts. and ranks 53 out of 54 of players in
his position, i.e. he's almost the worst. (Iverson ranks 30 out of 37 point
guards). Assist/turnover ratio for his position; Stackhouse is 0.77 assists
per turnover, and IS the worst for his position in the league (54 out of
54). Likewise Iverson, at 1.5 assist/turnover, is the worst among point
guards.

At a different position or on a different team might Stackhouse be a better
player?

- -Marc