Re: Rick Fox...once and for all

FRANK SINATRA: CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD wrote:

> To the list:
>
> Rick Fox will NOT make any all defensive NBA team!  He is not that great of
> a defensive player!  Be an NBA fan for a second and not a Celtic fan!  He is
> really not very respected as an NBA veteran around the league.  There is a
> reason why every single team that the Celtics play leave him, not just open,
> but WIDE open for 18 foot shots.  He doesn't rotate on defense and is an
> average defensive player.  This is an overrated comment.
>
>The key thing is that Rick Fox is not even close to the caliber of small
>forwards like Grant Hill of Detroit or Scottie Pippen of Chicago...(snip)
>

> John Diaz

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's look at some facts.  This year Fox has made two last-second,
game-winning jump shots.  He also hit a three in the final minute against Portland last week to put the Celts
in control of a game they went on to win.  He is the top forward in the league right now for steals, and is
third overall.  Fox has scored 33 points in two of the last three games.  He has also restored honor and pride
to the team's captaincy, and he is a veteran leader on the court for a young team.

No one on this list has ever said Fox is as good as Grant Hill, but I think most of us appreciate his
intensity and the improvements he's made in his game.  And those of us who feel that way are entitled to our
opinion.

By the way, "FRANK," which NBA team do you root for?

Mike Dynon