Re: Russell

> > >I hear Dallas is looking at bringing him in as GM.
> >
> > Bill Russell won two titles as player/coach of the Celtics.
> >

> As the Sacremento GM, Russell was widely regarded to be the reason that a

> team cannot trade away its number 1 pick for two consecutive years.  Russ

> continually gave away high draft picks for tired veterans.  Simply put,
> the ability to coach or act as GM has nothing to do with playing ability.

I agree.  And those dominant days when Russell was a player are way back
when they had the fruit basket for a hoop.  The league has changed big time
since then. Most players are in it for the $$$, not the love of the game.
So coaches have to deal with players that throw towels in their face, take
off jet skiing, etc.