coaches

To reply to a Rick Pitino comment, I think anyone would be better than M.L.
Carr.  A guy was right when he said that Pitino would be a far better draw
for free agents than Carr.  Look what happened with the Patriots and Bill
Parcells.  Wrong sport I know, but bear with me.  The doormat of the NFL gets
one of the five greatest coaches in the history of the NFL?  Hmm...

Not to place Pitino among the greatest coaches in the NBA, but he does have
a good mind for the game and would know how to build a good program with the
Celtics.  I would have no problem entrusting him the job as coach and General
Manager considering the stooge who's been running the show recently.

Why go outside the organization anyway for a Pitino or some other high profile
coach?  Why not look down the bench at Dennis Johnson?  I say give him a shot.
The players can remember when he was playing and know that he was an above-
average player in his career.  I think he would be a fine coach.