GM and coach

In the wake of the Bill Parcells move it disturbs me how many coaches
these days are unhappy with just being coach.  Bill made a bad judgement
when he went against selecting Glenn and I've never heard him admit that.
He just says he wants total control, but if he did the Pats wouldn't have
gotten Glenn and in my mind might not of made the playoffs.

My point and question is, in general, name someone who is coach/Gm that
has done a great job.  Not just a good job, but great.  I think it is too
much responsibility and that a coach should coach and that is it.  ML has
not done well, Lucas in Philly did terrible, Don Nelson in Golden
state?, Riley?, any others in any sport ?

Christopher R. Gee