Re: Koul

- ----------
> From: David M. Darlington - 99 <darlingt@hal.muhlberg.edu>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Koul
> Date: Friday, January 31, 1997 7:47 AM
>

> 	I have to agree with your assessment of Koul.  I saw him on ESPN
> as well, and was not impressed at all.  He was banged around by the other

> college kids, and his offense was raw and slow.  I sure hope ML doesn't
> take him with the Dallas pick.
> -david

Koul is a big stiff, I hope M.L. isn't even around to even consider him.
Hey, who was it that gave me some heat when I suggested Battie as our pick
a few weeks ago, if we didn't  land Duncan and were at the 3 spot ?   I
will take Battie & his athleticism any time, you can't teach that.  Right
now he looks like the best bet with a # 3 selection if Vancouver were to
pass.  Who else would we pick that high ?  Mercer has had a relatively
quiet year but has a lot of potential, and is only 20.   Battie is
relatively thin at 220, but he knows how to hit the boards, and has a good
offensive game.  What are Hakeem & Robinson weighing in at ?  Battie may
not be the perfect big physical center, but I will take his skills.  Take a
look at Corey Benjamin of Oregon St.  He is a Kobe Bryant type player with
a lot of skills at 18, and good size at 6'5".  I am not sure if he will
jump or wait a year or two. He sat out a while this year with some academic
problems.  He or Miles Simon would be a nice pick up with the second round
pick.

How about adding:

Boston pick: Duncan or Battie
Dallas pick: Mercer or Billups
Second round: Pollard or Doleac

Free agent: Derek Anderson

A certain Rick Pitino might help here ??

With Pollard or Doleac we would not have to be so concerned with Duncan or
Battie's size.

Could you see us with a lineup of:

Doleac or Pollard
Duncan or Battie & Walker