Re: Why don't we all settle down a bit....

In a message dated 97-12-29 23:18:28 EST, grodeg@kalama.com writes:

<< The candidates appear to be:

 1.  Austin
 2.  Stewart
 3.  Wright
 4.  Jayson Williams
 5.  Geiger (too old, bad attitude?)
 6.  Siekaly (too old?)
 7.  Maybe Battie for the right deal

Let's stand pat unless we can move one of our "gang of four" unless something
comes along that is too good to be true. The cap is going to go up
dramatically with the new TV deal. If we can free up some additional space we
might be able to get both Stewart AND J.Williams! Imagine a forward rotation
of Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, & Walter McCarty with Stewart as our
primary center. Before anyone brands Williams injury prone, he left the
hospital only to grab 22 rebounds the following game and he played most of
last season with his thumb ligaments gone and only had the surgery when the
Nets threw in the towel.

How can there still be sentiment to keep Brown? At least Barros contributes
occasionally, but if any of Brown/Barros/Minor/Ellison could somehow be moved
for ANYTHING we should do it to make cap room.

George