Re: TRADE NEARBY???

-----Original Message-----
From: Darrell Hatfield <darrell@server.greencis.net>

>Hi,
>
>Basically, Pitino wants to resign Walker, no matter what the price, but
>Gaston has publicly stated that he will not sign a player to "Garnett"
>numbers...he does not like the idea of an 8 digit salary to one person.
>Pitino stated that Gaston would rather spend that amount of money on a core
>group of players that fit in Pitino's system than on a stud."

My gut feel is that Gaston is wrong, and if he takes that position the
celtics will never be able to go to the championship. He has to be prepared
to spend 35-40 mill on salaries for his team to contend and if he can't  he
should sell the team to somebody who can.

>In a way, I can appreciate Gaston's view.  The only reason that salaries go
>upwards is the fact that there are owners eager enough to spend the money.

I don't because if Gaston is the only one who demonstrates fiscal
responsibility then the C's will be a middle of the pack team, Look at what
is happening in baseball, Wayne Huizenga is trying to break even on Florida
Marlins, but what are the others doing? They are trading for Marlins
players..atleast Huizenga is not posturing, but actually trying to get out
of baseball business.

  - Mishra