Ben Pepper

Ben Pepper will never fit under Rick Pitino's up-tempo, in your face
system simply because he is not NBA material, and his defense is terrible.
This year he has played in Australia, and has not been able to establish
himself as a force in the middle. His scoring, as well as shooting
abilities have been mediocre at best, and he is awful from the stripe. He
has trouble blocking shots, and this is a problem because in Australia he
has had trouble against the talented centers, because of lack of
toughness. Pepper cannot run the floor well and has gotten out of shape.
he is not what we need on this team. We are rebuilding, and Pepper will
not help us at all because he has nothing to give us.. Ben Pepper should
be waived, or his rights should be traded, but I have no trade ideas, but
i think that would not be a bad idea, although we might end up waiving his
rights because he has no trade value. I heard that in Australia, he might
have to play backup center because of his work ethic, and his limited
abilities. I have also observed that on top of the fact that Pepper has
limited abilities, his attitude is also poor. He does not listen to his
coach, and he is very uncooperative during strength and conditioning time.
His attitude will not get by Pitino, because Rick disrespects players with
a bad attitude, and guys that do not listen to their coach, and players
that have no interest in staying in shape. Pepper, also said in an
interview that he wants to leave Australia because he hates the coach for
getting on his case on getting into shape, and if Rick found this out he
would be shocked. Guys, what I say is 100 percent true because my cousin
in Melbourne keeps me informed on their local basketball teams, and he is
a avid basketball fan. He also is a Celtics fan and thought that drafting
Pepper while bypassing guys like Michael (Yogi) Stewart was a big mistake.
Luckily it is not too late to do something since the guy has not come to
America yet. We still have options on waiving or trading his rights..