Re: Austin

DJessen33 wrote:

> I believe that this team is an Ike Austin away from being serious contenders.
> The fact that Austin is going to be available by trade and/or free agency by
> the end of the year should be making Pitino drool. NBA analysts state with
> certainty that Austin will be trade before the deadline. With no real centers
> available in the draft and no others available in free agency(that I know of),
> what do you think of this year's no.1 and Travis Knight for Austin?

Dont trade for Austin, unless you only want him for the remainder of the
season. Only a true championship calibre team will trade for him, to be
the icing on the cake to be win it all this season.

Ike can only sign for something like $700,000 MAX! Why would the heat
trade someone worth as much as Austin is, if they could re-sign him at
the end of the season for as much as they want???

I mean they were willing to pay out big time bucks for Juwan Howard,
thats right Juwan Howard, remember?

I know I've made rumours up to get him, but we wont re-sign him. I see
him going to Utah, I thought that about a week before ESPN wrote their
article.

Warwick

--
MZ