Re: NBA Dumps Dunk Contest

Gregory Hurst wrote:

> I say bring back the old one on one games to determine the best player in
> the N.B.A.

Back in the '70s, the NBA had a one-on-one tournament that was taped and
shown at halftime of national TV games.  Bob Lanier beat JoJo White in
the finals.  I don't think you'll ever see this type of event again
because:

1. The players don't need the money.
2. The superstars wouldn't want to risk being shown up by a player with
a lesser reputation.
3. Jordan has proven he's the best, and doesn't need a contest to prove
it again.

These reasons are also key to why the dunk contest faded.

Mike Dynon